Publications Peer Reviewed
1. Lee JK, Suvina A, Erdmann M, Kukaswadia A, Ivanovic J, Fischer A, Gendron A. Characteristics and Treatment Patterns of Allergic Asthma Patients Receiving Omalizumab in Canada. Submitted to CMAJ June 2019.
2. Ennis D, Lee JK, Pagnoux C. Mepolizumab for the treatment of eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis. Expert Opinion on Biologic Therapy 2019.
3. Simpson R, Lee JK. Successful treatment of chronic spontaneous urticaria in a patient who failed six months of omalizumab monthly at 600 mg with dupilumab. JACI in practice 2018.
4. Carr M, Lee JK. Lowering of serum IgE in a severe asthmatic with severe atopic dermatitis as a comorbidity. Implications for payers who limit coverage to 30-700 IU/mL. In progress- submitted.
5. Simpson R, Lee JK. Vernal keratoconjunctivitis treated with a single dose of omalizumab. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 2018.
6. Han DH, Lee JK. Concurrent use of omalizumab and mepolizumab in a patient with eosinophilic esophagitis and severe allergic asthma. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 2018.
7. Han DH, Lee JK. Atopic dermatitis is an important comorbidity in severe asthma. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 2018.
8. Asthma Biomarkers in the Age of Biologics. Harold Kim, Anne K. Ellis, David Fischer, Mary Noseworthy, Ron Olivenstein, Kenneth R. Chapman , Jason Lee. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol Nov 2017.
9. Yip J, Cottrell J, Lee JK, Lee JM. The Impact of Anti-IgE Monoclonal Antibody Therapy in Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease. American rhinologic society 2017.
10. Hseih J, Lee JK. Chronic spontaneous urticaria. Five things you need to know about chronic spontaneous urticaria. CMAJ. 2016 Jul 11. pii: cmaj.150951. PMID:27402076
11. Cai G, Lee JK. Citrus allergy cross reactivity and anaphylaxis. Annals of Allergy Asthma and Immunology. October 2015. PMID 26452322
12. S. Lachance, A. Christofides, E. Haddad, J. Lee, L. Sehn, B. Ritchie, C. Shustik, D. Stewart, C. Toze, D. C. Vinh. A Canadian Perspective on the Use of Immunoglobulin Therapy to Reduce Infectious Complications in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Current Oncology 2015.
13. Han D, Yung S, Lee JK. Unmasking of sarcoidosis with systemic corticosteroid withdrawal. Can Resp Journal Nov 2015.
14. Alonsi J, Lee JK. Five things you need to know about venom anaphylaxis. CMAJ June 2015.
15. Fahmy D, Lee JK. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and anaphylaxis reactions to allergen immunotherapy. J Allergy Ther 2014, 5:4.
16. Lee JK, Betschel SD. The first reported case of fire ant anaphylaxis in Canada. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2013 Jul 9;9(1):25. doi: 10.1186/1710-1492-9-25
17. Chen J, Lee JK. A new insight into food and exercise induced anaphylaxis. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2013 Mar 20;9(1):11.
18. Song CH, Lee JK. Lebrikizumab Treatment in Adults with Asthma. N Engl J Med 2011; 365:2432-2434.
19. Ueng J, Fahmy D, Lee JK. Successful challenge to peginterferon alpha-2b in a patient with chronic hepatitis C virus and a prior large localized injection site reaction to peginterferon alpha-2a. In Progress.
20. Quirt J, Song C, Lee JK. Successful challenge to infliximab in a patient with anaphylaxis to adalimumab. Annals of Allergy Asthma and Immunology. Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol. 2012.
21. Bhinder S, Heffer MJ, Lee JK, Chaparro C, Tarlo SM. Development of transient peanut allergy following lung transplantation: A case report. Canadian Respiratory Journal. 2011 May-Jun;18(3):154-6.
22. Kurian A, Lee JK, Vadas P. A unique case of cold induced anaphylaxis and Schnitzer Syndrome. J Dermatol Case Rep. 2010; 4(4): 50-53.
23. Kurian A, Lee JK, Born A. An unusual case of metastatic urothelial carcinoma presenting as a cavitating lesion causing hemoptysis. Can Respir J. 2011 May-Jun;18(3):e46-7.
24. Lee JK, Vadas P. Towards a diagnosis and management based approach to anaphylaxis. Invited review article for Clinical and Experimental Allergy. Clin Exp Allergy. 2011 Jul;41(7):923-38.
25. Lee JK, Betschel SD. Consideration of subcutaneous immunoglobulin replacement therapy in humoral immunodeficiency patients. S Med J. 2010 Aug;4.
26. Phillips P, Lee JK, Wang C, Yoshida EM, Montaner J. Chylous ascites: A late complication of intraabdominal Mycobacterium avium complex immune reconstitution syndrome in HIV infected patients. Int J STD AIDS. 2009 Apr;20(4):285-7.
27. Lee JK, Whittaker SJ, Enns RA, Zetler P. Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Systemic Mastocytosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2008 December;14(45):7005-7008.
28. Lee JK, Mintz S. The Reply on Chronic Cough and gabapentin. Am J Med. 2007 Feb;120(2):e7.
29. Lee JK, Enns R. Endoscopic Mucosal Resection in the Setting of Barrett’s. Can J of Gastro. 2007 Mar;21(3):151-4.
30. Lee JK, Enns R. Review of Idiopathic Pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2007 Nov; 13(43).
31. Lee JK, Mintz S. Chronic cough as a sign of laryngeal sensory neuropathy: diagnosis and treatment. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2006 Nov;115(11):871.
32. Lee JK, Mintz S. Gabapentin in the treatment of intractable idiopathic chronic cough: case reports. Am J Med. 2006 May;119(5):e13-5.
33. Lee JK, Champagne S, Roscoe D, Chan R. The First Reported Case of Hypermucoviscous Phenotype Klebsiella pneumoniae Causing a Pyogenic Liver Abscess in Canada. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol. 2006. Jan/Feb;17(1):27.
34. Wang C, Lee JK, Yoshida EM, Phillips P. Abstract only. Chylous Ascites Secondary to Non-Tuberculous Mycobacterial Infection In HIV Infection. www.pulsus.com/cddw2007/abs/115.htm
Non Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Lee JK. CSACI section report Spring 2018.
2. Lee JK. CSACI section report Winter 2017.
3. Lee JK. CSACI section report Fall Newsletter 2017.
4. Lee JK. CSACI section report Spring Newsletter 2017.
5. Lee JK. CSACI section report Spring Newsletter 2016.
6. Lee JK. CSACI section report Winter Newsletter 2016.
7. Fahmy D, Lee JK. Ontario Lung Association Official news release article on Asthma biologics.
8. Chen J, Quirt J, Lee JK. Section Editor and Chapter contributor Urticaria: Prevalence, Etiologies and Treatment Options. Nova Science Publishers (New York). 2013.
9. Ching J, Lee JK. Asthma. Chinese Health Digest Fall 2012.
10. Lee JK. Unusual cases of severe asthma presentations. Novartis.
11. Lee JK. Vadas P. Anaphylaxis Chapter in Protocols in Critical Care 2012 Edition. Spanish.
12. Lee JK, Hammoudi D, Gilbert D. Otolaryngology Chapter of Pharmbook® 2005 1st Edition.
13. Caputo K, Lee JK. Integrated Information Systems. UTMJ Vol.80, No.3; May 2003.
14. Lee JK, Noble J. Understanding the Romanow Report. UTMJ Vol.80, No.2; March 2003.
15. Noble J, Lee JK. A Comparison of Public and Private Health Care Systems. UTMJ. Vol.79, No.2; March 2002.
16. Respirology for Structure and Function at University of Toronto medical school website.
17. Lee JK. Why do we volunteer? The Hospital for Sick Children Volunteer News Spring 1999 issue.
Presentations of Original Research
1. Simpson R, Lee JK. Dupilumab for omalizumab non-responsive patients in CSU. EAACI 2019.
2. Simpson R, Lee JK. Omalizumab as a single-dose therapy for vernal keratoconjunctivitis. CSACI 2018 meeting.
3. Amin S, Gendron A, Lee JK, Fisher K, Ivanovic J, Kukaswadia A. An observational retrospective cohort study of treatment discontinuation and use of concomitant medications among Canadian Xolair® (omalizumab) patients with asthma using claims data. CSACI 2018 meeting.
4. Burke A, Kiers D, Lee JK. Case series on cyclical anaphylaxis treated with omalizumab. WAO 2015 meeting presentation in South Korea.
5. Trafford K, Lee JK. Patient preference for pump versus push infusion for home subcutaneous immunologlobulin treatment. WAO 2015 meeting presentation in South Korea.
6. Sussman G, Lee J, Chiva-Razavi S, Chambenoit O, Hollis K, McBride D, Westlund R, Tian H, Balp MM. ASSURE-CSU CANADIAN RESULTS: ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF CHRONIC SPONTANEOUS / IDIOPATHIC URTICARIA ON WORK PRODUCTIVITY AND INDIRECT COSTS. ISPOR NA 2015.
7. Burke A, Lee JK, Vadas P. Cyclical anaphylaxis treatment with omalizumab. AAAAI 2015.
8. Fu L, Lee JK. A Case of AGEP to imantinib therapy. CSACI 2014.
9. Fahmy D, Chen J, Lee JK. Omalizumab and Churg Strauss, a steroid sparing agent? CSACI 2013.
10. Quirt J, Chen J, Lee JK. Low IgE in severe asthma. Presented ACAAI 2013 in Baltimore, MD.
11. Song CH, Huang D, Lee JK. Omalizumab treatment in Churg Strauss: A case report and review of literature. Presented at the 2013 AAAAI Meeting in San Antonio, TX.
12. Quirt J, Song CH, Lee JK. Infliximab-graded challenge in a patient with Crohn’s disease and adalimumab hypersensitivity. Winner of second place for original research at CSACI 2012 meeting in Calgary.
13. Kampitak T, Lee JK, Betschel SD. Subcutaneous Abdominal Abscesses in a Patient with Common Variable Immunodeficiency Receiving Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin. European Society for Immune Deficiency. Presented at the October 2012 Annual Meeting.
14. Kampitak T, Lee JK, Ostrowski MA, Betschel SD. Acute Disseminated Cytomegalovirus Infection in a Patient with Common Variable Immunodeficiency. European Society for Immune Deficiency. Presented at the October 2012 Annual Meeting.
15. Wei Zhan, Fengyun Yue, Jun Liu, Jason K Lee, Jason Ho, Susan Moir, Mario A Ostrowski, Stephen D Betschel. Response to influenza immunization in patients with common variable immunodeficiency. Poster presentation at the CSACI 2011 meeting Quebec City. Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology 2011, 7(Suppl 2):A28.
16. Jennifer Yan Fei Chen and Jason Kihyuk Lee. A new insight into FEIA. Poster presentation at the CSACI 2011 meeting Quebec City. Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology 2011, 7(Suppl 2):A32.
17. Lee JK, Vadas P. An elusive case of systemic mastocytosis. Abstract at CSACI 2009 and winner of the poster competition at the annual 2009 CSACI meeting in Halifax.
18. Resident Research Day Podium on Idiopathic Chronic Cough and Gabapentin. Vancouver 2007.
19. Resident Research Day Poster on hypermucoviscous Klebsiella pneumoniae. Vancouver 2007.
20. First Canadian cases of pyogenic liver abscess by hypermucoviscous Klebsiella pneumoniae. Victoria 2006 Annual Association of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease.
21. Child psychiatry. Presented at the Institute of Medical Science Student Research Day 2002.
22. Child psychiatry. Presented during the Determinants of Community Health Research Week 2003.
23. Basic science research on Nitric Oxide Synthase mRNA post transcriptional modification. Report presented to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario in 1999.
24. Basic science research on the post transcriptional modification of pre-pro endothelin-1 mRNA. Report presented to the Hypertension Society of Canada and Kidney Foundation of Canada in 2000.
Mentions in Clinical Published Trials
· POLYP1. Nasal polyposis treatment with omalizumab.
· Liberty QUEST. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5960488/
· OPTIMA. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02161562?show_locs=Y#locn
· The burden of chronic spontaneous urticaria is substantial: Real-world evidence from ASSURE-CSU. Allergy. 2017 May 19. doi: 10.1111/all.13209.
· Work Productivity and Activity Impairment Among Chronic Spontaneous/Idiopathic Urticaria Patients: Results From The First International Burden of Illness Study (Assure-Csu). Value Health. 2015 Nov;18(7):A427. doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2015.09.592. Epub 2015 Oct 20.
· Healthcare Resource Utilisation Among Chronic Spontaneous/Idiopathic Urticaria Patients- Findings From The First International Burden of Illness Study (Assure-Csu). Value Health. 2015 Nov;18(7):A424. doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2015.09.576.
· The burden of chronic spontaneous urticaria is substantial: Real-world evidence from ASSURE-CSU. Allergy. 2017 May 19. doi: 10.1111/all.13209. [Epub ahead of print]
· Healthcare Resource Utilisation Among Chronic Spontaneous/Idiopathic Urticaria Patients- Findings From The First International Burden of Illness Study (Assure-Csu). Value Health. 2015 Nov;18(7):A424. doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2015.09.576. Epub 2015 Oct 20.
· ASSURE-CSU: a real-world study of burden of disease in patients with symptomatic chronic spontaneous urticaria. Clin Transl Allergy. 2015 Aug 17;5:29. doi: 10.1186/s13601-015-0072-9. eCollection 2015.
· The real world effect of omalizumab add on therapy for patients with moderate to severe allergic asthma: The ASTERIX Observational study. PLoS One. 2017 Aug 31;12(8):e0183869. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0183869. eCollection 2017.